The months of July and August are typically the hottest months of the year.
How can we stay cool during this extremely hot weather? The following list gives a few good suggestions:
Drink plenty of fluid. Revival offers Cool Refreshments
- Line of water additives in three juicy refreshing flavors. It is a ‘must try’ item. 15 grams of protein and only 70 calories. It is a great snack for anyone but especially those who want to lose weight.
- Revival Soy protein shakes are a great way to help get part of the liquid your body needs to stay healthy and hydrated during a heat wave. Water, juice, or milk combined with ice in a Revival Soy protein shake will give you a great cool taste plus 20 grams of heart healthy protein.
- If possible, stay inside during the hottest part of the day, which typically is from noon until 2 p.m. Unfortunately, this summer, the days seem to stay hot until the sun goes down, and even after dark, it is still uncomfortably warm and humid in a lot of locations.
- Dress according to the predicted temperature for the day. Pastel-colored short-sleeved shirts and blouses and lightweight dresses, skirts and slacks are good choices for work. If your place of employment’s dress code will allow them, dressy shorts (for men and women), Capris and sandals are also good choices to help stay cool. When you are home, set your own dress code!
- Try to avoid heavy meals whenever possible. They may cause you to feel overstuffed, sluggish and drowsy. A Revival Soy protein bar, an icy cold drink, a piece of fresh fruit and a good multivitamin may be all you need to satisfy your hunger during the middle of the day.
- Get plenty of rest. It is important to keep your energy level up. Hot weather can make you feel tired, cranky and affect your ability to function.
- Take a cool shower or a refreshing dip in a swimming pool to help cool your skin. Be sure to use sunscreen. Even just a quick face rub with a cold wet cloth can help you feel cooler.
- However you decide to stay cool this summer, making Revival Soy protein shakes and bars a part of your healthy life style is a great idea. Not only are they good for you, but they taste good too!